I have been so excited to get this list out. I actually made it in November and have been anxious to get started but have had to wait due to holiday travel and moving. I feel so blessed to have each one of these books (except the fiction) in hand. God really provided over the past year with thrift store and used book store and cheap amazon sales. I had been developing this list as I read book recommendations from my favorite blogs or books that were recommended at the end of some of the books I read last year and I would literally walk into a thrift store and browse the shelf and one of them would be sitting there for a buck or two! I really spent pennies on this collection and while there were a few books I wanted to add or replace with one on the list here I feel confident that God gave me these books to add to my library over this past year to be the ones for me to read currently. I don’t need to spend a penny this next year on books. Praise God for His provisions! Here goes!
- The Sword by Bryan Litfin
- The Gift by Bryan Litfin
- The Kingdom by Bryan Litfin – These 3 books are called the Chiveis Trilogy. Adam and I happened upon them by fluke as I quickly ran into the library before our last drive from AZ back to CO and back to AZ the next week. We wanted something to listen to during the boring NM stretches. This was on the new release shelf for audio cd’s and I read the back and was so interested. I didn’t even realize it was the third book of a trilogy and that it was a Christian author and publisher! We listened to a little less than half during the drive (kiddos didn’t sleep much!) so now I want to start from the beginning and read them. They are very interesting! Similar to a LOTR type sci-fi book with a wonderful Christian undertone.
- They Mystery of Marriage – Mike Mason
- Reforming Marriage – Douglas Wilson
- The Power of a Praying Wife – Stormie Omartian – This was from my 2012 list and I want to finish it this year.
- Ordinary Mom, Extraordinary God – Mary E DeMuth – Thank you to my best friend for sending me this book awhile back!
- The Mission of Motherhood – Sally Clarkson
- Family Driven Faith – Voddie Baucham
- The Power of a Praying Parent – Stormie Omartian – This was from my 2012 list and I want to finish it this year.
- Love Has a Price Tag – Elisabeth Elliot
- Passionate Housewives Desperate for God – Jennie Chancey
- Visioneering – Andy Stanley
- Spiritual Disciplines for the Christian Life – Donald Whitney
- Birth After Cesarean: The Medical Facts – Bruce Flamm