The Big Green Pocketbook by, Candice Ransom
- We started a new verse from Seeds Family Worship and Amelia worked on her mini-book, coloring pages and copywork page from Bible Story Printables.
“I waited patiently for the Lord; He turned to me and heard my cry.
He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire.
He set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand.”
- We learned about patience from our character book.
- We worked on our Calendar Notebook from Homeschool Creations.
- We completed one lesson each day from Teach Your Child to Read
- We started working on Math U See lessons each day to see how we like the program
We had a lot of fun with our second week of BFIAR and reading this cute book. We didn’t end up doing a whole lot of projects because we had a busy week with the kiddos’ Aunti in town as well as Halloween but here is what we did accomplish:
Here’s a picture of our lapbook from Homeschol Share where we completed the crayon box, big green pocketbook filled with the pictures of each item the girl collects on her outing with mama and the ice cream cone scoops. For the scoops I had her color each one a different color and wrote in the lapbook the color names in Spanish.
We also got 2 pieces of felt from Wal-Mart for 23 cents each and some yarn and cut out the shape of the pocketbook and hole punched around the sides and she laced it together to make her very own big green pocketbook! This was from the Fold & Learn.
Bunny Money by Rosemary Wells
Benny’s Pennies by Pat Brisson
The Adventures of Taxi Dog by Debra Barracca
Ice Cream Cows and Mitten Sheep by Jane Boncure
The Seals on the Bus by Lenny Hort