We had fun learning about President’s Day and Valentine’s Day really for the first time with the kiddos. I had found so many great activities and printables online and unfortunately because of this whole back to work thing we weren’t able to complete all of the things I wanted to get done. I had 2 busy weeks at work where I needed to take some extra classes and study hard for the tests. : ( Big fat frowny face followed by a trust in the Lord that He will change our financial situation soon! And I digress…
Here is the cover of our “lapbook”. We combined the 2 into one lapbook
We did some Valentine’s Day printables from 3 Dinosaurs and Gift of Curiosity. The 2 heart cards that talk about God’s love on the front of our lapbook are from Not Consumed and we cut these out and put them on the wall in our school room to look at every day. We also did Valentine’s Day Read!Build!Write! cards.
Sorting words that start with H and C
These were 2 cute activities… the bottom ones are rhyming candy hearts from 2 Teaching Mommies and the top section is an envelope with bible verses about God’s love inside that Amelia colored… this is from Bible Story Printables
- Fancy Nancy Heart to Heart by Jane O’Connor
- St. Valentine by Robert Sabuda
- The Day it Rained Hearts by Felicia Bond
- Love, Ruby Valentine by Laurie Friedman
- Somebody Loves You Mr. Hatch by Eileen Spinelli – This was a great book with a lot of great lessons in it!
- Mouse’s First Valentine by Lauren Thompson
- Pinkalicious: Pink of Hearts by Victoria Kann
- Clifford’s First Valentine’s Day by Norman Bridwell
This was 1 of 2 activities we completed although we read and re-read quite a lot of really neat books about President’s Day. This activity was cute where we learned where Lincoln and Washington were born and died. We took our laminated pictures of the president’s and taped Lincoln and Washington onto our map where they were born so Amelia could start some map recognition. The cover of our lapbook and this activity as well as the other activities I wanted to complete but did not came from Homeschool Share.
And I didn’t get a picture of it but we did such a cute Mt. Rushmore craft from this website!
- President’s Day by Anne Rockwell
- So You Want to Be President by Judith St. George
- Duck for President by Doreen Cronin
- Don’t Know Much About the Presidents by Kenneth Davis
- If You Grew Up with George Washington by Ruth Gross