Before Five in a Row
My Blue Boat
by, Chris Demarest
- We worked on memorizing Isaiah 41:10 from Seeds Family Worship with our tracer pages and coloring pages and minibook from Bible Story Printables
“So do not fear for I am with you,
do not be dismayed for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”
- We learned about the virtue of kindness from We Choose Virtues and used the lesson plans and bible story readings from Kids of Integrity. We especially liked the Kindness Flags they suggested to make and we put a sticker on either Joshua or Amelia’s flag if they demonstrated an act of kindness. They loved it and it really helped them recognize when you are truly acting kind and not trying to get something out of it. We put the flags in our prayer stick jar on the dinner table and got to share with daddy the stories of kindness throughout the day!
- We worked on our calendar notebook from Homeschool Creations
We read My Blue Boat this week which was a cute and simple book. I think the kiddos’ favorite part was all of our read alouds.
I added in some elements of Noah’s Ark because I found a short supply of printables/ideas to go along with this book and thought this would be perfect! I went to this website where I found some neat coloring pictures that tell the story of Noah’s Ark and printed off a plethora of Noah’s Ark printables from DLTK’s website.
Joshie colored this one : ) He did a great job doing the yellow on the animals! I’m not sure what the brown scribbles are all about though : )
story comprehension sheet
And these are the printable activities from homeschool share’s lapbook
We did this fun Noah’s Ark animal craft... behind all the blue is a picture of a boat and they painted it and then glued on different animals from our animal cracker box… can you guess whose is who?
And this was a big hit! On our last night we made blue boats out of blue cardstock paper and ate some fish sticks! This was actually the first time the kiddos have eaten fish sticks and boy did they love them! I got the idea from a website that when I just clicked on the link now the website was removed… so I’ll just link to my pin so you can see their picture! We also made blue jello to be like water although we didn’t take a picture of it the kiddos loved eating it!
Yay fish sticks!
- Row, Row, Row Your Boat by Iza Trapani
- Harbor by Donald Crews
- Sail Away by Donald Crews
- Magic School Bus: The Wild Whale Watch
- Some books about the ocean and boats from the library